To create Service Receiver Ledger under Sundry Debtors
Go to Gateway of Tally> Accounts Info.> Ledgers> Create
Enter the Name of the Customer Ledger e.g. CreativeIn Ad Agency.
Select Sundry debtors from the List of Groups in the Under field.
Set Maintain balances bill-by-bill to Yes.
Enter the Default Credit Period, if required.
Set Is Service Provider/Receiver to Yes.
Note: In day-to-day business scenario a customer can provide services as well as receive services. In such cases, same party ledger can used to account both the sale and purchase of services.
Note: Service Tax Registration Number is a PAN Based Number. For More information refer the topic - Service Tax Assessee Code.
Date of Registration: Enter the Registration Date
Type of Classification: In this field select the classification, if applicable. Here Not Applicable is selected
1. Exempt: Select this option when the Service Provider/Receiver is exempt from Service Tax.
2. Export: Select this option when the services are Exported
3. Import: Select this option when the services are Imported
4. Input Credit:Select this option when the service purchased/sold is eligible to avail input credit
5. Pure Agent: Select this option when the Service provider/Receiver acts as a pure agent
6. Taxable: Select this option when the service purchased/sold is a taxable service
7. Tax on Service Received: Select this option when the transport services are purchased and the service receiver is liable to pay the tax.
The Type of Classification selected in the Service Provider/Receiver will determine the Type of Service which can be overridden in the voucher entry.
Note: From Rel 4.8 an option to provide Bank Details is provided in the Ledger Master.