While recording excise sales for a Stock Item with the Valuation Type - MRP Based, Tally.ERP 9 allows to alter the MRP Rate (defined in the Stock Item master) during entry.
To alter the MRP Rate during entry a configuration option - Allow modification of Excise MRP Rate & Abatement in F12 Configuration (Sales Invoice Configuration) has been provided.
Example: on 10-4-2010, ABC Company sold 1,00,000 Litres of AquaPure - 1Ltr @ Rs. 25 per litre.
To create a Sales Voucher
Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales
In Voucher Type sub form select Excise – Sales as the voucher type.
Ensure that the Sales Voucher is in Item Invoice Mode.
Note: In Tally.ERP 9 Excise Sales Transactions needs to recorded in Invoice Mode Only.
Enter the Date as 10-4-2010.
Enter the Ref details as ABC/689.
In Excise Unit field Tally.ERP 9 displays ABC Company, as selected during voucher type creation.
Excise Book Name field displays the name of the excise invoice book (ABC/Rule11/Book1/10-11) created for the Excise Unit.
Serial No. field displays the Rule 11 invoice Number e.g. ABC/3/10-11.
In Party A/c Name field select Universal Distributors from the List of Ledger Accounts.
In Party Details sub form.
Despatch/Order Details: Under these two sections enter the Despatch and Order Details.
Sl.No. in PLA /RG-23: In this field enter the Sl.No. in PLA /RG-23 register as 1.
Date & Time of Invoice: In this field enter the time Date of Invoice. Tally.ERP 9 by default displays the system time and date in this field which can be changed.
Date & Time of Removal: In this field enter the Time & Date of Removal of Goods. Tally.ERP 9 by default displays the system time and date in this field which can be changed.
Note: As per Central Excise Invoice System, in all the sales invoices, the time and date of removal has to be printed.
Note: In Tally.ERP 9 user can track the Delivery Notes in Rule 11 Invoice, if the goods are delivered through delivery note and Rule 11 Invoice is generated after the delivery of the goods.
In Nature of Removal field select the option Domestic from the list of Types of Removals.
Note: It is must to define the nature of removal in Rule 11 Invoice.
* Captive Consumption will be selected when the goods are removed for using within the same factory or transfer of goods to a sister unit or another factory of the same company/firm for further use in the manufacture of goods.
*Domestic will be selected if the removal is for domestic Sales.
* Exempt is selected when the sale is a exempt from payment of Duty. In case of exempt sales user needs to enter he notification number under which the exemption is provided.
* Export is selected when the goods are removed for Export. In case of export sales user needs to enter the notification number under which the exports are made.
* Export - Duty Chargeable will be used when the goods are removed for Export by paying duty and later the rebate or refund is claimed from the department
* Removal as Such is selected when the inputs/capital goods are removed as such.
* Special Rate is selected when the sale is made to the customer at special rate of Duty other than the standard rate of Duty.
Specify the notification number in the Notification Number field. Also, enter the SI.NO in Notification and select if the Notification Type isTariff or Non Tariff. The Notification number entered here will appear in the Rule 11 Invoice.
In Sales Ledger field select the ledger Sales @ 12.5% from the List of Ledger Accounts.
VAT/Tax Class field automatically gets updated with the VAT/Tax class as selected in the sales ledger, which can be changed.
In Name of Item field select the Stock Item i.e. AquaPure - 1Ltr.
In Quantity field enter the quantity as 1,00,000.
In Rate field enter the rate as Rs. 25.
Amount will be displayed automatically.
Press Enter from Amount field cursor will move to Excise MRP and Abatement field. If the MRP or abatement percentage is different then enter the same.
1. Application will allow to move the cursor to Excise MRP and Abatement field only when the configuration option Allow modification of Excise MRP Rate & Abatement is enabled in F12 Configuration (Sales Invoice Configuration).
2. The MRP Rate & Abatement % defined during entry will be considered for duty calculation.
Select Duty Ledger i.e. Basic Excise Duty @ 16%. Amount will be calculated and displayed automatically.
Select Education Cess @ 2% and Secondary Education Cess @ 1% ledgers. Amount will be calculated and displayed automatically.
Select Output VAT @ 12.5% as the Vat duty ledger. Amount will be displayed automatically.
Set the option Show Statutory Details to Yes to view Statutory Details screen.
In the Statutory Details screen press Alt + F1: Detailed to view details of duty calculation. The Statutory Details screen is displayed as shown.
Note: In statutory details user can view Item/ ledger wise assessable value and Duty/Tax calculations.
For the stock item AquaPure - 1Lt, valuation Type selected is MRP Based, MRP is Rs.20/L and the Abatement allowed is 48%.
Assessable Value: Sales Quantity X Rate= Total Amount – Abatement (Total Amount X 48/100)
Rs. 13,00,000: 100000 X25 = 25,00,000 – 12,00,000 (25,00,000 X 48/100)
In Bill-wise Details screen select Type of Ref as New Ref and in other fields retain the default details.
Enter the Narration, if required.
Press Enter to Accept and save.
Printing Excise Sales Invoice
The Voucher Printing screen appears as shown since, Print after saving option is enabled in Excise - Sales Voucher Type, if not enabled press Alt+Pfrom voucher alteration screen.
Press F12: Configure to view the Invoice Printing Configuration screen.
Enable the following Options:
Print Excise Duty Details of Items
Print Tax Analysis of Items
Print VAT/CST Analysis of Items
1. From Tally.ERP 9 you can also print multi page excise invoice when the invoice contains many items and stock item details cannot be captured in single page invoice. To print multi page Excise Invoice you have to enable the option Print Multi Page Excise Invoice to Yes in Invoice Printing Configuration screen
2. Printing of Name and Designation of the Authorised Person in Rule 11 is mandatory for the proprietary concerns or a business owned by Hindu Undivided Family as per Central Excise Rules, 2002 in rule 11, after sub-rule (2).
Press Alt+I and accept Yes to view the print preview of Sales Excise Invoice. The preview of Excise Sales Invoice appears as shown below:
The Excise Sales Invoice includes the Sales details of the Stock item sold, like the Quantity, Rate and Amount.
The title of Excise Invoice printing will be as follows:
In Excise Invoice information about the rule (invoice under Rule 11 of Central Excise rules of 2002) under which the Excise invoice is generated is mentioned below the Invoice Title
The Sales Excise Invoice prints the VAT/CST/Excise registration Number details of the Company, captured from Statutory & Taxation of F11: Features.
The details specified in the Excise Registration Details sub form of the Statutory & Taxation of F11: Features is printed in the corresponding fields.
The Buyer details specified in the Party Details sub form is printed in this field. The details will also include the corresponding Excise and Tax registration details.
This section will print the Excise Stock Items sold. It displays the Tariff/ HSN Classification, Quantity, Rate and the total Amount of the Stock Items sold. It also prints the duty ledgers, rate and the Amount of Duty paid on the sale of goods.
Excise Duty Details Section
The Excise Duty Section displays the Description of Goods, Assessable Value, Rate of Basic Excise Duty, Basic Excise Duty Amount, Rate of Education Cess, Education Cess Amount, Rate of Secondary Education Cess and Secondary Education Cess Amount.
Serial No. In PLA/RG 23
A detail specified in the Party Details sub form of the sales invoice is printed.